Project activities dates: flexible start from march to may 2018, with the duration of 9 months
Application deadline: 10th of February 2018
Venue: Koper, Slovenia
Organization: Središče Rotunda
Field of volunteering: Social entrepreneurship / Multimedia / Project Work / Youth Work
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Središče Rotunda is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political voluntary organization. It was established to implement programs with a view to the needs and problems of the region, and is located in the center of the old town of Koper. They focus on the area of youth, along with educational, information and consultancy services. They promote the creativity of youth and encourage the empowerment and participation of young people in the processes and decisions that affect their lives. Their activities are offered to this demographic through: informal education, local youth information, voluntary work.
VOLUNTEER PROFILE FOR THE MULTIMEDIA FIELD:
Young, motivated individuals with an interest in graphic design, photograpy, website editing and willing to work in the NGO field.
VOLUNTEER PROFILE FOR THE PROJECT MANAGEMENT FIELD:
Motivated individuals with an interest in entrepreneurship, preferably in social entrepreneurship, and who are willing to gain some management skills. An aptitude for creativity, with analytical abilities, yet with a capability to bring different elements together depending on the situation.
SOME POSSIBLE TASKS FOR THE MULTIMEDIA FIELD:
– helping in the audio-visual area on projects
– taking photos of events and projects
– help in reordering the company’s website: working with Excel, Word; new design ideas and more
– assistance with the scheduling of meetings and preparation of materials
SOME POSSIBLE TASKS FOR THE PROJECT MANAGEMENT FIELD:
– help in organizing lectures (gaining organizational skills)
– contribution to thematic events (new ideas for events, co-creating workshops contests)
– work coordination and general administrative support
– assistance in future projects
Working days will be from Monday to Friday, for around 6 hours per day. Evenings and weekends will be free. The volunteers will have an opportunity to take some working days off. In the period of 4 working weeks, there are 2 free days available. There will also be organised free-time activities, language courses and other educational activities, which will not be obligatory to attend.The first weeks will consist of an induction, and allow for time to get to know each other, as well as the working areas and the culture of Slovenia. We will use the final part of the voluntary working period to write the volunteer’s final report and to finalise the Youthpass (the mentors will have an active supporting role).
Each volunteer will:
– receive monthly pocket money to the amount of 85 EUR and an additional 170 EUR per month for food expenses
– be registered for the EVS insurance scheme.CIGNA
– be reimbursed for travel costs (max 275 EUR per volunteer)
– receive a task related mentor and external mentor
– receive an opportunity to develop a personal project
– be offered a chance to take a language course
The volunteers will live in a flat in the city center of Koper or in a residential area nearby, sharing a room with another EVS volunteer.
WHO CAN APPLY:
The call is open to young people aged 18-30 from Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovak Republic, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey or United Kingdom.
The sending organisations are not defined yet. It is an strategic EVS, where it is possible to find/contact sending organisations after selecting the volunteer.
Send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com. Subject of the e-mail: EVS@ROTUNDA, name your files name_surname_MOTIVATION and name_surname_CV. Deadline for application is 10th of February 2018.
If you have a question, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Indecisive? Watch the short video of EVS experience of Bruno Salgado Berzal while on his EVS at PiNA: